National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) is an autonomous body under the aegis of Department of Science & Technology, Government of India. NABL has been established with the objective to provide Government, Regulators and Industry with a scheme of laboratory accreditation through third-party assessment for formally recognizing the technical competence of laboratories. The accreditation services are provided for testing, calibration and medical laboratories in accordance with International Organization for Standardization (ISO) Standards.
Accreditation assists the Indian industries to enhance the quality and reliability of Indian goods in the domestic market and exports, thereby, catalyses the growth of Indian economy. WTO has identified non-acceptance of test results and measurement data as Technical Barrier to Trade (TBT) and accreditation is considered to be the first essential step towards removing such technical barriers.
NABL went a step further in removing technical barriers to trade and achieved the status of signatory to Asia Pacific Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (APLAC) Mutual Recognition Arrangement (MRA) and International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) Arrangement based on a peer evaluation by APLAC in 2000. This was a major step towards mutual acceptance of test results and measurement data across Indian borders. NABL went through the peer APLAC evaluation in 2004 & 2008 and reaffirmed its APLAC / ILAC signatory status with extension of scope for Medical Testing as per the new standard ISO 15189. Today, the test results and measurement data produced by Indian accredited laboratories are acceptable amongst 64 economies. NABL accredited laboratories have therefore emerged members of global family of more than 40,000 accredited laboratories.
NABL provides accreditation in all major fields of Science and Engineering such as Biological, Chemical, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Fluid-Flow, Non-Destructive, Photometry, Radiological, Thermal & Forensics under testing facilities and Electro-Technical, Mechanical, Fluid Flow, Thermal, Optical & Radiological under Calibration facilities. NABL also offers accreditation for medical testing laboratories.
Benefits of Accreditation
1. Formal recognition of competence of a laboratory by an Accreditation body in accordance with international criteria has many advantages:
2. Potential increase in business due to enhanced customer confidence and satisfaction.
3. Savings in terms of time and money due to reduction or elimination of the need for re-testing of products.
4. Better control of laboratory operations and feedback to laboratories as to whether they have sound Quality Assurance System and are technically competent.
5. Increase of confidence in Testing / Calibration data and personnel performing work.
6. Customers can search and identify the laboratories accredited by NABL for their specific requirements from the Directory of Accredited Laboratories.
7. Users of accredited laboratories will enjoy greater access for their products, in both domestic and international markets, when tested by accredited laboratories.
Advantages of our NABL certification:
NABL Consultants by State